View Single Post
TobyFox2002

Old July 28th, 2019, 02:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
If this is a thing that's selecting a specific building in every settlement, but always applies to all settlements, that's entirely different than the ability I thought you were writing, based on the questions you've been asking. Please post the description text of what you're creating, so I can evaluate what the best approach is.
The problem I am working on at the moment is the Commission Edict from Ult. Rulership.

The rulers of a city can commission an item to be constructed provided that their is an appropriate building that can make magical items of that type.

You need to know what settlement to use and which building in that settlement to use. You also need to know the gp cost of the item for calculating unrest.

If their are more than one building that can produce magical items (in a single city) and you force more than one the unrest increases.

You can also use the commission edict to reduce the BP cost of buildings in the same settlement or terrain improvements in adjacent hexes by 2 BP for a medium for EACH major item slot being expended and by 1 for each medium item slot expended. This alternate use, i am fairly certain I know how to do once I can manipulate the buildings.

So, yes Specific settlement and specific singular buildings within that settlement. This would only affect ONE building of that type within a settlement not all buildings in the settlement nor all buildings of that type in the kingdom.

This basic concept will be needed repeatedly, as will the ability to alter ALL buildings (both in a settlement and kingdom), which I expect to give me a great deal of trouble if I cannot figure a way to add additional tags and fields to some elements. But I will cross that bridge when I come to them.
TobyFox2002 is offline   #9 Reply With Quote