View Single Post
Sturm

Old January 25th, 2019, 05:54 PM
I think I have it partially figured out. For any Interface Zero 2.0 and Authoring Kit people out there, please check my homework:

Code:
#traitbonus[trIZFirewa] = 6
And that's for setting the character's base Firewall rating to 6, which costs 20,000. It does, indeed, seem to work, but there's an issue.

A character which has the Profession of "Programmer" is granted an "advanced firewall" at the start of play. This means their Firewall base value ("#traitbonus[trIZFirewa]") is increased by one. This is done with the following code:

Code:
perform #traitadjust[trIZFirewa,+,1,"Programmer"]
If that character later decides to get a Firewall rating of 6, they will need to spend 20,000 credits and their Firewall rating should be at 6. With my "#traitbonus" code above, this just sets their initial Firewall to 6, meaning the Programmer bonus is applied, bringing the character's Firewall to 7. I think this is erroneous. However, using "#trait" or "#traitfinal" doesn't work.

I need this to ignore the Firewall bonuses granted by Professions ("Factions" in the code). "Programmer" is probably the only one, but still.

Ideas?
Sturm is offline   #2 Reply With Quote