View Single Post
darkops

Old August 9th, 2018, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toblakai View Post
HLO uses sub 100k per hour for typical use according to a previous post by a LWD dev, which is quite small. Also I call BS about the bad internet at conventions. I heard about how horrible the internet access was at Gen Con, well I went there for the first time this year, never had a problem with connecting. I go to a local convention, and I do remember having internet issues there, but that was 10 years ago, haven't had any issues in the past 5 years or more. Maybe people are just remembering bad old experiences?
Thats great for you? Here is my "in the last year" snapshot:
- Large Con - Fan Expo - had internet, but it wasn't usable due to bandwidth. It also wasn't equally great reception in every room.
- Medium Con - Con Bravo - no internet in our room, yes elsewhere.
- Small Con - Gryphcon and Gryphcon Shadow - No internet (on a university campus, so you have internet if you're a student)
- Small Con - Skycon and Skycon Lite - Hotel internet with bad connectivity that was unusable (2 mins to load google with a hotel sign in page and it kicked you out every 20-30 mins on a timer).
- Gaming Store 1 - Yes, has internet.
- Gaming Store 2 - no, has no internet is a dungeon that also kills cell reception.
- Gaming Store 3 - no internet.
- Boardgame Cafe/Bar - no internet (likely to change soon though)
- My House/Friends House 1 - Yes, has internet.
- Friends House 2 - Yes internet, but is down frequently enough to impact game ~1/month.
- Friends Condo Event Room - No internet and too far away from friend's router to use his.

Now maybe you guys can stop trivializing other's experience with internet reliability/connectivity. Only 3 of 14 places that I frequent in the last year have 'reliable internet'. For my two groups and I as well as people who I meet in some of those gaming stores HLO is a huge downgrade. Now instead of live/offline modifications I have to print content (waste of paper/ink - another cost) and calculate on the fly (something I paid for HLC to do to speed up sessions and remove excessive arithmetic from play). Why would I now give out $25.00/year for the downgrade?

My first post is a clear "PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY". HLC is an awesome, amazing, efficient, user friendly piece of software. It has stripped away the less enjoyable parts of pathfinder and accentuates the more fun ones (quick PC building without the need of deep game mastery, more game immersion vs. people stuck doing math, helps out GMs with encounters creation, etc.). I want that tradition to continue and I want it to be with Lone Wolf because they are a set of good people who should be rewarded for making a great product. However, I, like many on this forum or the wider web don't want HLO or a subscription model. We don't want it for VALID reasons and such a product is DOA/not fit-for-purpose. HLC is fit-for-purpose and we all want to keep throwing money at the company if you are willing to just give us Starfinder/2e in that format.

Last edited by darkops; August 9th, 2018 at 09:24 AM.
darkops is offline   #32 Reply With Quote