View Single Post
Toblakai

Old August 9th, 2018, 07:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkops View Post
Lets also avoid trying to assess the size of your bins. You say a small minority doesn't have reliable internet. I counter that I frequently play in areas with little or no reliable internet. This includes gaming conventions (where internet is available ~40% of the time, but even when available the bandwidth is quite limited - especially at large cons), gaming stores (no internet in the ones I frequent), or people's basements (most have internet, 20% are not reliable). Beyond the reliability issue, not everyone has endless internet data plans (via phone/tablet/at a private residence home). In Canada we pay some of the highest bills for mobile data and internet plans in the suite of 'classic' 1st world countries.
HLO uses sub 100k per hour for typical use according to a previous post by a LWD dev, which is quite small. Also I call BS about the bad internet at conventions. I heard about how horrible the internet access was at Gen Con, well I went there for the first time this year, never had a problem with connecting. I go to a local convention, and I do remember having internet issues there, but that was 10 years ago, haven't had any issues in the past 5 years or more. Maybe people are just remembering bad old experiences?
Toblakai is offline   #30 Reply With Quote