View Single Post
dungeonguru

Old August 6th, 2018, 04:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreakFire74 View Post
Canolith has a ranged tongue attack that apparently uses STR bonus for damage. I cant get it to get the STR bonus. Finesse tag doesnt work. What am I doing wrong here?

I'm still confused by Reach attacks. I am now entering them as range attacks, so I can set a range, but I think this is incorrect. However, If Im entering them as other melee attacks I cannot set reach. This is one of the most commonly occuring problems I've run into so far (most of the creatures are large/huge so have larger reach)..

What are the tags/fields for reach?
I tried to explain before but if you are using the editor, when you add a Bite or Other MElee attack, you'll see # DIce, Dice # sides, Attack Modifier, Damage Modifier, Override Damage, Attack Effect, Reach, Target, Save DC Ability, Resist Ability, and On-hit effects in addtion to the 4 buttons (Cond., Copy, Fields, Tags).

Where the Reach field is you usually can type in reach numbers like 5, 10, 15.

This translates to the field id: wReach

As far as getting STR to be used as the damage, I think you can use the weapon tag wProperty.Thrown, but I'm not 100%, you can always simulate this by directly manipulating the Damage Modifier field.
dungeonguru is offline   #57 Reply With Quote