View Single Post
Mergon

Old July 31st, 2018, 08:44 AM
Ah, I see what you mean. You want to install the version you download from the GIT site on your iPad.

1) To do this you need to go to the tools tab and click on Launch HLExport.

2) When its open, click on the Game Folder Select Files button. Then click on the Select None button on the left.

3)Scroll down to where the COM_ files are and check off all of those ONLY.; then click OK.

4)You'll now be able to edit the Third-Party ID, Name, and Version data. I recommend using COM for the ID, the current Community Pack version (2.2 I believe). and using the following format for the name:
- 5E_ipad_v2.2beta_a
-Change the final letter ('a' in this case whenever you update to a newer version of the GIT site files. Update the 2.2 whenthe Community Pack puts out a new Release.
- In the Comments box, put whatever you want concerning the reasons for this update.

5) Once you have all this, browse to where you want to save the file. The file name should be COM_5E_ipad_v2.2beta_a in the case of my example.

6) Click on Generate to create the file.

Now you need to import the new file on to your iPad.
- To do this open up iTunes on the computer where the file is located.
- Connect the iPad to the computer as normal.
- Open up your iPad in iTunes (The Icon normally just below the word Account at the top of iTunes.
- Go to File Sharing which should now be on the Left.
- Find and click on Hero Lab in the reveal list of Apps.
- Under your List of Hero Lab documents, at the bottom of the list, you'll find a Add Files button. Click on it and browse to the file you created with HLExport.
- Once selected, click on Sync.
- When the Sync is complete, go to HeroLab on your iPad.
- Go to Updates under the list of your characters. You should now see that you have a new update. If its not listed, try clicking on Check for Updates Now.
- Install the new Update allowing it to overwrite existing files.
- You update should now appear in the list below.

I think I covered everything. If you have any further questions let me know.

By the way, you can use the same instructions to add any homebrew content you have created in the Editor to your iPad. Just use a different ID, Name, and Version along with a corresponding file name when creating the new Export using HLExport.

Watch your back, Conserve your ammo,
and NEVER cut a deal with a dragon!
Mergon is offline   #630 Reply With Quote