View Single Post
kbs666

Old July 18th, 2018, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidmaron View Post
I cannot let this falsehood stand.
If you click on the codec information, you will see that Wikipedia says this: “H.264 is typically used for lossy compression, although it is also possible to create truly lossless-coded regions within lossy-coded pictures or to support rare use cases for which the entire encoding is lossless.” so except in the most rare case, h264 is lossy.
Such as in fast motion between frames or in regions between frames. When a region is static between frames lossy compression is fine, since the entire region is static. Again do not tell me my business.

You claimed upsampling is done. Upsampled video looks terrible. Downsampling is what is done because that looks amazing if done properly. You claimed no video codecs in use are capable of lossless compression, the most popular codec in use today is capable of such and delivers lossless compression when needed, as determined by the encoder on a routine basis by one of the two biggest streaming services in existence with very good results.

You clearly do not know as much about video as you think you do.

Maybe instead of calling me a liar and trying to start a flame war you should actually get some facts right?

my Realm Works videos
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZU...4DwXXkvmBXQ9Yw

Last edited by kbs666; July 18th, 2018 at 10:19 AM.
kbs666 is offline   #27 Reply With Quote