View Single Post
TomS

Old May 16th, 2017, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarlor View Post
I did verify that, at least when using my DLR data file, that Humans have 1 free Edge. I'd be very surprised if that wasn't true for the default file as well, though. For anachronistic stuff you should, indeed, uncheck the all of the standard gear era stuff, so it should only show Deadlands gear. In no way should doing that remove any of the Deadlands specific gear like guns and such. What, exactly, are all of the setting checkboxes you have checked if you go to Character -> Configure Hero?
I have not tried your update file yet, but attaching screen shots from my app showing the impact of checking/unchecking the 'Harrowed' option. With Harrowed, I can have three edges, but get an extra Grit point and Dominion is added. Without it, I have overspent on Edges...you can also see my Hindrances - Curiosity (Major), Loyalty and Quirk (both Minor). I used 2 points to get an extra Ability point in addition to the third Edge.

You are right on the Gear...if I clear 'Modern', the anachronistic stuff disappears but guns are kept, not sure what I saw before. What is odd, I think, is the Flint and Steel I had purchased shows as invalid without Modern...didn't they have those in the 19th century...?

Thanks for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Harrowed.JPG (168.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Un-Harrowed.JPG (166.4 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by TomS; May 16th, 2017 at 04:00 PM.
TomS is offline   #263 Reply With Quote