View Single Post
EightBitz

Old January 12th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
I have no desire to make my personal health stuff a matter of public discussion beyond the fact that is has impacted our ability to deliver on our promises. So let's leave it at the following: the diagnosis wasn't good, but it's certainly not fatal, and there is a clear (but not fast) path to recovery, which I'm now on. So the health situation for me will still impact us for a bit longer while I complete my recovery, after which all should be good again. That's all I intend to say on the subject.
That's as it should be. But you can always make things up. A few years ago, I was walking around with my arm in a bandage for a while. A rather large bandage that covered almost the entire length of my forearm. Naturally, person after person after person would ask "what happened to your arm?"

It was a long, stupid story, and I got sick of explaining it and of brushing it off, so I decided to make life interesting. The next person who asked me, a cashier at a cafeteria I frequented, I said, "I bumped it against a large block of cheese."

"Cheese?" with a look of incomprehension on his face.

"Yeah. It was sharp cheddar."

Then a smile followed by, "OK, what are you having today?"

Next person was a building security guard at a building I often visited. "What happened to your arm?"

"Huh? Oh, I bought a car."

"A car?"

"Yeah. They normally cost an arm and a leg, but I got one one sale." Another smile and a laugh.

I don't recall the next person who asked, but I told him I was abducted by aliens. Guy just gave me a look. I continued with "I got stuck with a trainee. He didn't understand enough human biology to know where to put the probe. He took a guess and got it wrong. I'm not sure if I'm worse off or better off for it."

He still just gave me this look. Two out three ain't bad, right?

Anyway, if you're going to suffer through it, you may as well let out your inner role player and have fun with it. :-D
EightBitz is offline   #15 Reply With Quote