View Single Post
TheMadPhoenix

Old January 10th, 2017, 08:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIronGolem View Post
Thanks, I will look into this.

This I do not understand. Like Ualaa says, SoP is pretty clear that the base spell-point calculation is [CAM + levels in spherecasting classes], feats and class features notwithstanding. Caster level has no direct impact on the size of your spell pool as far as I know. Could you forward that email conversation to dropdeadstudios.herolab@gmail.com please? I suspect there's a confusion between "caster level" and "levels in spherecasting classes" happening somewhere.
Here's the question I posed to Adam:

If I have a Level 1 Mid caster (say a Hedgewitch) with a 16 INT for their CAM which gives them a +3. How many spell points do they start with. My reading of the rules says they only start with 3 as the table shows that at 1st level a mid caster has a caster level of 0, but, the book does say class level rather than caster level. My player was arguing that he started with 4. Here is Adam's reply: Your reading is right; they would get 4 at 2nd level, but at 1st level would only have 3.

So, from this reply, I think his intention was for this to follow caster level rather than class level.
TheMadPhoenix is offline   #231 Reply With Quote