View Single Post
mazzy

Old December 14th, 2016, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artimaeus View Post
I've played around with 5th Edition. It's fun, but I've enjoyed pathfinder much more. It has seemingly endless character customization, and 5th edition didn't seem to be quite as flexible.

One note about this realm I'm building. I, of course, do plan on uploading it when I've gotten to a presentable state. It will be using a lot of HeroLabs Plugins with the Pathfinder mechanics. If you do use it for 5th edition, 90% of it transfers with no difficulty.

I've done a few campaigns in Eberron before. I wasn't really proud of any of them though, partially because of being newish to DMing, but mostly because it's hard to keep track of everything that goes on in Eberron. There is quite a lot of kife-and-dagger elements that help keep the party on their toes, full-on warlike battles, and really technology-like magic. Once I discovered RealmWorks, I finally found a way to do this Realm justice.
I've not had the opportunity to play a Pathfinder campaign unfortunately. It'd be interesting to see how things are handled in a different system

The knife-and-dagger, warlike battles, and technology-based magic is exactly why I want to play or run a game in that setting!! Once the holidays are over and things settle down I'm definitely going to read up on Eberron and get a feel for that world
mazzy is offline   #16 Reply With Quote