View Single Post
Horrid.Wilting

Old December 1st, 2016, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sendric View Post
There's a way to customize your output. There are some good ones for Pathfinder, and I think you can do some very similar things for d20. That is not my area of expertise, and I'm not terribly interested in figuring it out. Maybe someone else could work on that. It would be a nice addition to the community since it seems a lot of people print their characters out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
To learn how to do custom output in HL go to "Help->Hero Lab Manual->Custom Output". Of course the more you know about XML, HTML, XSLT and maybe some javascript the better this will all work. In those cases you can easily find thousands of pages of help using google unlike the little to no documentation you will find for HL scripting.
Oh cool, thanks, looks like reasonable options!
I didn't know I had access to those files.

As for the printouts... I don't like to digitalize pen and paper too much during play. reading in a book and having your NPCs as printouts at hand just feels a lot different and usually even works better and faster. That's what I normally use HL for...
Also you can always scare the shit out of your players when you slam that huge folder with all your printed campaign info on the table at the beginning of the session... usually accompanied with an evil grin...
Horrid.Wilting is offline   #608 Reply With Quote