View Single Post
zarlor

Old July 17th, 2016, 10:27 AM
The main settings files like thing_skill.dat and such are just so you can see how those files were created. They are not used at all, however, as that is completely compiled into the code. Only the actual user and 1st files and such are read when you start up Hero Lab. So to "play under the hood" mostly involves building user files that might do things like preclude and replace the base items you want to change out based on the source(s) you have selected. If you were just wanting to change which settings are selected for building characters for a certain setup then Seeley's method is the same one I use as well. I just create a default setting portfolio and use that to build characters from.

Now if you wanted to do a full modify of the Savage Worlds set I think you might be able to do that but I'm not completely certain how to do that. It might be covered in the Wiki, though.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #3 Reply With Quote