View Single Post
zarlor

Old April 30th, 2016, 04:28 AM
There's always "50 Fathoms 1.5 and Noir 3.5" just one page down.

If you'll read my response above after the part about a quick search showing this was a known issue, however, you'd see that I was trying to say that I THOUGHT I might have been able to upload a fix to those two data files just yesterday when I wrote that post. I wasn't asking if you'd downloaded the files again and again I was simply asking if you would try downloading them again after you'd read my post above because I tried to put in a fix. If you did try downloading AFTER reading my post above and things are still giving the notification then you probably still have to do the delete game system thing.

As for being able to access that part, why can't you load the game system? That update warning in now way prevents you from loading Savage Worlds in Hero Lab. Now if you are getting other errors (probably having to do with "High Space" edges and such) then that is a completely different issue and probably the fastest fix would be to delete your High Space files. If you really need High Space before JBearWillis gets a chance to fix them just let us know and we can tell you how to fix it manually.

In any case once you get into Hero Lab (ignoring any errors you get but you do have to be in Savage Worlds) I don't even think it requires any valid data files to be loaded to be able to go to the Tools menu, click on "Manage 3rd Party Updates" and delete any duplicates listed there, or even just both of those two settings to force them to reload correctly.

Again, however, I will note that the version error should in no way prevent you from loading the data files, it's just a warning message because if an ID in the new file not matching that in an old one but the files still load just fine. That's just saying you've got a new update to the files when there really isn't one, is all.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #4 Reply With Quote