View Single Post
Silveras

Old April 3rd, 2016, 12:07 PM
The realm of mine that EightBitz looked at evolved over time. I experimented with different things at different points, especially as it grew and I better understood the impact of other choices and changes.

At one point, I started adding aliases like "RotRL1.A01" for room A01 in Part 1 of RotRL... because there would also be another A01 in each of Part 2, Part, Part 4, Part 5, and Part 6.

Later, I decided that trying to manage the number schemes was a waste of my time. Although I still put in the location codes as prefixes (A01), I stopped trying to separate them with Aliases / "Other Names" that way. And I decided that it was far more important (and productive) to have pins on Smart Image maps than it was to have the printed product codes preserved.

In the end, the best advice I can offer to extend what EightBitz said is... 'just pick a spot and start from there'. Usually either a Person or a Place is central enough to the story that it can serve as an anchor. Whatever you start with, you can expect to re-organize your material (especially Containment) as you get more practice and find the way that works best for you. The real key is "don't be afraid to try something" ... nobody's going to get it "just right" on the first try... so don't obsess over it.
Silveras is offline   #4 Reply With Quote