View Single Post
King Chicken

Old February 25th, 2016, 05:56 PM
FrankD, I like your tables. They look clean, easy to read, and like they were cut from a book. I have taken some inspiration from your tables, but I have left mine with alternating colours for ease of reference. Kind of like the tables from the 5e books, white and light green alternating.
Example

Your stat block is clean and easy to read as well. I cribbed all my statblocks by grabbing the text from an OCR'ed book, and then pasting it without formatting, inserting my own breaks after. And this will probably seem silly, but I pasted the statblock into a field on the entry, then also pasted it into the statblock snippet that opens in another window. overkill I'm sure, but the formatting work is done, so what's a few more key presses at that point. Then, I changed tack, and created a custom category for monsters. Now if I go to a monster, I have it broken up in the same way for every monster, all the sections separated and named, and just the link to the statblock through the snippet and a pdf of the monster from the Monster Manual.

I have tried to create some 5e HL monsters, but I run up against limitations in the SRD, so I gave up on that.

RW: D&D 5e Sandbox campaign - Faerun
RW: Pathfinder Sandbox in Greyhawk - waiting for Marketplace for PF rules
Using Fantasy Grounds for VTT, Waiting for Roll20Pro(Mage Hand) Release
RW: Paizo - Strange Aeons AP
King Chicken is offline   #5 Reply With Quote