Thread: Two questions
View Single Post
EightBitz

Old January 27th, 2016, 09:11 AM
1) I did try it. I tried it exactly as used, with the exception of commenting out the @text assignment (I want the assignment that the user originally picked), and I tried it a couple of different ways with nested IF statements.

Using it the first way, it resets the selection to a default value of "-Please make a selection-". With the nested IF statements, it would either reset in a similar manner, or it wouldn't lock.

2) I've this line "field[trkUser].value = field[trkMax].value" in various places. I put it in the main tracker definition in components.core, and depending on in which script I placed it, I would either get a message that the value is read-only or that it's a derived trait that can't generally be modified with scripts. (I left out the tag check just for simplicity for now.)

I put it in things_miscellaneous.dat in the specific thing that I wanted to use it for, and again, I would get an error message that it's a derived trait.

If neither of these is the creation script you're talking about, then I'm in need of more guidance.

I understand and appreciate that answering these questions takes time out of your project work, and it's not my intention to unduly impose on that, so if it gets to that point, just drop me a kind note, please.

Thank you.
EightBitz is offline   #5 Reply With Quote