View Single Post
zarlor

Old October 5th, 2015, 01:38 PM
I don't know if it's just that my group skews older or what, but even when I GAVE them player keys for RealmWorks not a single one of them ever installed it, even for a Deadlands Noir game where being able to reference all of the clues they had already put together would have been really, really useful to them. So while I definitely consider being able to share out snippets to the players that way a great idea, in practice for me it ended up being a bust. In any case I can't say what Lone Wolf's revenue expectations are there, it's just a guess on my part. I do think that reformatting existing content on the Marketplace wouldn't be that big of a deal, though, especially if they ensure some level of formatting consistency.

As for Metacreator... sometimes there are advantages to dealing with a one person shop. I expect a few more of us would be discussing their product if we'd made the decision to put out data files for them instead of HL. Still I already own the software and I've gotten pretty used to making data files in general so I think I might try to play around with it a bit more to see how steep the learning curve would be, just to give it a bit of a shot to see how tough I really find it to be to work with.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #36 Reply With Quote