View Single Post
Cerebrolator

Old September 5th, 2015, 11:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewD2 View Post
Not sure, but can't it just be ignored?
Andrew, thanks for responding to me.

Yes, it could be ignored. It's just easier when I'm tracking a lot of things to not have to remember to ignore the stress boxes. I was hoping for a more seamless implementation of Fate in Hero Lab.

I don't mean to be sarcastic but I am wondering how useful the current version of Fate is for the GM. It doesn't actually deal with opponents in a way that matches the Fate Core book. I'm not sure how to build encounters with it (or with any product; as far as I can tell, Pathfinder has actual encounters that can be used in the encounter library but I don't play Pathfinder). I don't know how to use the editor and I don't have experience with programming. I'm just not experienced enough to see how to utilize Hero Lab with Fate. (This wasn't meant to be a rant. I'm just wondering how to effectively use Hero Lab with Fate.)

(I need to clarify on the encounters. I know how to create a portfolio that has allies and enemies in it so that I can use it in the tactical console. Fate doesn't have any stock characters and I'm not sure how to make them so I can import them easily. I don't know if there is a way to build my own encounter library either. This isn't a failure of Hero Lab, it is simply that I don't know how to do these things.)
Cerebrolator is offline   #5 Reply With Quote