View Single Post
Erdrix

Old July 27th, 2015, 12:24 PM
I should do a tutorial on how I use Scene Sound in Realm Works. It's pretty close to "fire and forget". Just that when it's a looping soundscape you have to remember to close the program when you are done with it.

Cool thing is I can layer it. For example I have several premade soundscapes that I use for different environments, like forest_day, forest_night, plains_day, plains_night, camp and so forth. I only have to make those once and I can reuse them over and over.

So, I have those running in the background the whole time the party is in that area, then I make encounter soundscapes and these can be general use files as well. These generally include random grunts and yells and stuff like that and maybe a battle song. Anytime the party fights skeletons I just load up the skeletons fight soundscape. If I know the fight is going to happen before hand I just ad the file into a snippet on that encounter scene, click it, Scene Sound loads up in the background and autostarts playing. When the encounter is done simply close that instance of Scene Sound and the background soundscape is still going.

Looks like I kind of made a mini tutorial on it.
Erdrix is offline   #25 Reply With Quote