View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old July 27th, 2015, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
I like that LWD is moving forward with integrating outside applications with RW.................On topic, at $6.50/month or $5-$20/pack Syrinscape is IMNSHO a ridiculously pricey add-on.... .................. I wish them luck but I think they are pricing themselves out of existence.
Agreed on both points, LWD resources are certainly better spent with such an approach. Your appraisal on Syrinscape is just what came to mind for me as well. Looks promising, but not for $78 annually for something I can do for free externally. I just can't justify the $$ for the "convenience" of having it integrate within RW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kendall-DM View Post
Since my players are all loud enough on their own to drown out a horde of crying babies on an airplane, I'm pretty sure that I won't be using it either. Neat idea though, but it's just not for me.
That's FUNNY.. I think my players might be moonlighting to your table... hehe though at times I'm certain they could be perceived as the screaming babies in this scenario.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AEIOU View Post
@Rob: Perception trumps reality. Please keep in mind that calendars and a few other items are festering subjects for many. So any (seemingly) brand new activity outside of the prescribed to-do's is going to raise eyebrows if it just magically appears on the done list.

It really is fantastic that the groundwork was built-in long ago and that this was the first product to really take advantage of it. Your planning is paying off! To me, this means the content market is close enough that other companies are investing serious effort into RW integration.
Sorry Rob have to agree with AEIOU on this, for over a year the "ground work" presumably exists for custom calendars, and we see no movement forward on that.... I agree with AEIOU its good that the planning is coming to fruition, but "soon" hardly fills the "answers and explanations" box.

Respectfully
DLG

D&D> Pre 1e White Box Edition, 1e, 2e, 3.5 Currently, Set in the World of Greyhawk (The first, longest running and Best Campaign Setting)
Software>Extensive use of all forms of MS Products, Visual Studio 2012, DAZ 3d, AutoCAD, Adobe Products.
Gaming Specific>Campaign Cartographer, D20 Pro Alpha & BattleGrounds Beta Tester, World Builder, Dungeon Crafter, LWD Hero Lab, Realm Works, Inkwell Ideas Citybuilder & Dungeon Builder, Auto-Realm, Dundjinni
Contributing Writer for TSR, WOC, & Canonfire

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; July 27th, 2015 at 08:02 AM.
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #20 Reply With Quote