View Single Post
Lexin

Send a message via Skype™ to Lexin

Old July 22nd, 2015, 12:21 AM
I'm a complete beginner here, but what I've done so far is to create a simple list under 'Sources' with a short list of what the characters have achieved so far in the campaign, including the date on which they achieved it in game time.

I've included in that date order for my Roman game (I'm using AD&D 2e) both a game date (e.g. AD71) and a 'Imp. Ceasar Vespasianus Augustus (3rd consulship) and Marcus Cocceius Nerva' which is what the characters should call it when in the game.

I wouldn't expect a support mechanism like RW to cope with a setup like 'in the year of the consuls X and Y' because that's just weird.

I am tying dates to the Gregorian calendar, which is fairly straightforward for my game, though it took me some time to work out how to get to BCE - which I need as I have NPCs and places who were born (or created) BCE.

If I need the players to see timeline info. I reveal the info in the same way as I do anything else. They can, for example, see the list of what they've done so far, including some of the handouts they were given.

The only real historical event I've had to record so far is information concerning a historical NPC and there was so much of it I ended up creating an entry for him under 'people' and recording a date of death.

--
Lexin

GM from Gwynedd, Wales - seriously old school - playing RPGs since 1980!

Tools: Realm Works, HeroLab, Campaign Cartographer 3+
Lexin is offline   #3 Reply With Quote