View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old July 20th, 2015, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agyess View Post
The other thing you can do it you want the stats quickly available for multiple encounters is use the mechanics articles for monsters that will be appearing a lot.
That's what I did, but I'm rethinking this approach. Initially, I created an article for hobgoblin and gave it alias for plural and alternate names. That way, in an scene I would just mention that there are X number of hobgoblins and that would be linked to the hobgoblin article.

But having used RW at the table a number of times, I'm finding it easier to have stat blocks in context so I don't need to click through and load a new tab. Unlike print, there is no page limit and it is simple enough to cut and paste. Now that is what I use monster articles for: a place to have the stats handy to copy as well as detailed background info that is helpful when preparing adventures, but not needed during the game.

What I really need, is Hero Lab so I can link RW and HL together, but I chose the wrong game system (DnD 5e), which doesn't have HL support.

RW Project: Dungeons & Dragons 5th edition homebrew world
Other Tools: CampaignCartographer, Cityographer, Dungeonographer, Evernote
MNBlockHead is offline   #9 Reply With Quote