View Single Post
rob
Lone Wolf Staff

Old June 3rd, 2015, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxSupernova View Post
So, if you strip away the tone and aggression in his messages, I think the response to Adzling is "Yes, it's not great, but we'll survive, because they are working on functionality which the majority feels is more important." But I also think that that doesn't in any way diminish his point that an improved interface would go a long way in making the product more newb-friendly and accessible and generally easier to use for users of all levels.
That latter take-away is absolutely true! Addressing that consideration is a major focus of the web-based tool, which will become the product entry point for a huge percentage of users. Armed with an understanding of the basics and having seen how existing content "fits" into Realm Works, the "development tool" version of the product (i.e. desktop) will become vastly more accessible to new users. And then we can look at ways to refine the UI on the desktop once the remaining high-demand features get into place.

Note: We've also been making some steady headway on general refinement and enhancements to overall product usability. Yes, we have a long ways to go, but progress HAS been made on that front.
rob is offline   #30 Reply With Quote