View Single Post
MNBlockHead

Old May 23rd, 2015, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
In order to let me filter by each tag I have them all entered as separate snippets. Putting them in a "Overview" section just made sense to me.
I did the same thing. The "overview" section of my spell articles are, for the most part, just tags. This allows me to slice and dice them in the filters easily.

ScreenClip.png

I just have all my spells under the spell category, appearing alphabetically. I like what you did with the lists, but to me it seems duplicative to the tags. Also, I rarely need to see just "2nd level" spells. Instead, I want 2nd-level cleric spells. Tags allow me to list them as I need them. I do agree, however, that it takes a little longer to build a filter than to just exand a list. But I already put so much time in entering the spells that creating relationships to multiple list articles is more extra work than I want to deal with—I'd rather spend a few more seconds running a tag filter when I need a specific grouping.

As for prefix and suffix, I don't use prefix. For suffix, I just put "Spell". I did that to help differentiate a spell article from other articles and topics with the same or similar names when creating autolinks.
MNBlockHead is offline   #10 Reply With Quote