View Single Post
Dark Lord Galen

Old May 6th, 2015, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by eponette View Post
Thanks DLG for the software.
No problem, but thanks really goes to Colen and LWD for allowing the Post & Shardgames for inventing.... shame they seem to have fell off the planet. It would have been interesting to see where this program would be now more than ten years later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eponette View Post
Some questions :

1>I cannot save (but I can export) the map.
2>I cannot undo (or erase)
3>How to add tiles (the number of default tiles are limited)

Cheers
In reverse order
3> under tools / Options/ this brings up a Dialog Box that shows the paths for each folder. I created additional "tile" by addingto these folders. I don't have the program in front of me at the moment but I believe it sees both PNG and Jpeg (PNG would be preferred) I found various textures for floors and wall simply by cutting and pasting photos I like parts of from the net and saved them at the scale I desired. IT requires a bit of tinkering but for a quick easy dungeon without a high learning curve such as CC its not so bad.

2> Right-clicking (with mouse) on the tile inserted will remove it.

1> yep that's the drawback.. remember when this was created VTT and digital were pretty much dreams of the future. so most media was hard copy.
To steer around this I use snipit to take a screen shot and then dump into another program to finalize it.. if you wish to simply save it, Cute PDF is another approach. IT mimics a printer and turns the Print Q into a PDF see here.
http://www.cutepdf.com/Products/CutePDF/writer.asp

Hope that helps
DLG

Last edited by Dark Lord Galen; May 6th, 2015 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Corrected the Spelling of ColEns name :-)
Dark Lord Galen is offline   #67 Reply With Quote