Thread: Synch Process
View Single Post
RampagingHoardes

Old April 23rd, 2015, 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meek75 View Post
In my opinion $40 a year just for backing up my data and sharing is outrageous. I really like RW, but that is so off-putting I don't recommend it to others. I can't imagine that I will be willing to pay $40 a year plus the purchase price of whatever module or rule set I want to purchase. RPG Now stores all my purchases in their cloud for free! I get that we get more service from LWD than simple file storage. We get the ability to share our material with players. However, a lot of us don't use that feature at all. I don't use the sharing feature and don't think simple storage is worth anywhere near $40 a year. Charging me for the opportunity to buy stuff from them makes me want to reject the whole thing on principal. If that is the model they use I may just self RW and move on. I think LWD is making a terrible miss-step on this one. Of course, I may be totally wrong and they have it nailed -- time will tell.

I have to agree with a good part of this. I love realm works but for me I thought the backup was part of it, even though I was apprehensive at first about doing it.

I don't want to stop using RW though but really hope they reconsider this. I shouldn't have to pay a high fee just too back up my data. To me the price was a bit high for this product but I do love it.

Also what happens to my data if I don't pay the fee right off - or for some time? Do you delete what you have after my 6mos freebee is up? What if I don't pay and crash the next day can I still get restored or am I SOL? (Maybe LWD can chime in here)

Not everyone has the cash for this kind of expense. I have a lot of health issues and my finances are strapped. Now with 2 copies that will be 100 bucks a year that's absurd for me. I loved this product so much that I got a second copy for our household to avoid issues with 2 ppl entering content, but now I am thinking it may have been a mistake.

I thought our free trial time was so we could try out the store and see if it is worth getting (although I think charging to get into a store is a bad idea as well).

Also checking out the new site for RW (wasn't up when I bought that I know of) it says that this pricing is for a "standard tier" so does that mean things will be increased more? It also mentions it can hold enough data for a Pathfinder Adventure Path? Does this mean I am limited on my world size? This could be very problematic depending on how big this cap is.... Hopefully someone (LWD) can answer this?

Again, I really hope LWD reconsiders their strategy on this.
RampagingHoardes is offline   #19 Reply With Quote