View Single Post
PetriWessman

Old January 30th, 2015, 04:45 AM
Just learning the ropes of RW now, migrating stuff from The Keep (by NBOS Software) into RW. I'm mostly happy, and one Exalted session under my belt now with notes in RW. The UI is a bit klunky and won't win any beauty awards, and having to run it under Parallels on OS X is annoying due to lack of OS X support.. but it does the job, and offers a lot more features than Keep.

Anyway, there is one basic thing I could use some help on: what's the recommended way to do session-related GM notes (during a session)?

On Keep, I'd start up a game log when we started playing, and I'd get a date and timestamped new page on which I could scribble quick notes on what was happening at the table.

Here, I can log a game session (start and end), but the associated text box doesn't seem to be something I can easily edit and update during the game session (also, it doesn't seem to support hyperlinking etc). So I'm a bit puzzled what the purpose of that text box is, in the first place... is it just for holding general "Game 8 of Campaign Y" title info?

So to do GM notes, I resorted to manually adding a new note (in the User Notes section), naming it with the current date and game date, and adding stuff there. However, this seems to be pretty cumbersome: I need to separately start/end a RW "game session", and then separately create and name a note, without any sort of link between these two. Ugh.

What am I missing here, or is this a piece of missing functionality? What I'd like to have happen is that when I start a new game session, RW automatically creates a new note linked to that session, which I can iteratively update during the game session, with full linking etc support. After the game, I'd like to be able to access this note via the game session history log.
PetriWessman is offline   #1 Reply With Quote