View Single Post
liz
Ex-Staff
Lone Wolf Staff

Old November 28th, 2014, 01:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
The expectation was they could keep their journals during game sessions (granted notes kinda does it (barely),but is very limited, lack of calendar support, etc.) While they find the auto link feature, and the ability to "see" my reveals of their story lines (via storyboard) informative, that was a perk they would not trade for EXPECTED features from a player perspective.
  1. Ability to see things from a single PC perspective
  2. Be able to export or print their journals or info learned
  3. see upcoming in game calendar events
  4. the ability to default the font size and style for cut/paste

The lack of full journal and the lack of character level reveal makes them wish to stick to MS Word, since they can word search (ie link in effect), print, and hyperlink to my calendar system.
I'm curious how much you told your players about what to expect with Player Edition (actually, this goes for everyone). In other words, did they know not to expect journals and were nonetheless disappointed that they weren't there. Or did they hear "Player Edition", assume some sort of journal feature would be present, and end up disappointed when there wasn't one.

Again, if anyone wants to chime in on this, that'd be great. If your players knew very little of what to expect, I'd be curious as to what features they assumed would be in a product like Player Edition, especially if those features weren't present. I think that's probably where some of the confusion around "no live updates" may have come from, through reading the posts in this thread. It sounds like in many players' minds (and some GMs'), "Player Edition"=live updates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lord Galen View Post
Even some detail features available in the DM version of RW are not there in PE, ctrl q for example. They as players may wish to flag people they have encountered that I in my RW did not. In some cases I didn't feel the NPC was relevant (could the players know that .. of course not) in other cases, it was oversight on my part.

Perhaps a "tool" that would allow Players to flag, people, places, events, etc that would create a list during their "sync" up to the DM level. When the DM syncs, the DM could decide whether those "flagged items" are warranted to be incorporated via an approve or something? Granted, this is an additional feature.
That's definitely an interesting idea, but I'm unsure what limitations we have from a technical standpoint. "Content creation" was supposed to fall squarely under the GM Edition. This would be a great idea to throw into the Feature Request forum.
liz is offline   #50 Reply With Quote