View Single Post
The Numerator

Old November 26th, 2014, 08:31 PM
I'm trying to go a little deeper in the editor functions, and attempting to make custom abilities that can effect the calculated fields. I can't really code (though can puzzle through VBA and SQL macros here and there), but I'm trying to get better and thought this a great opportunity, but I could use some help.

I'm creating the Trailgaunt from the back of Pathfinder Comics #11. I was using the Bestiary Monster Creator for the most part, but was building custom Racial Special abilities to choose within the builder. I've got all of them done (just text based) except for "Vengeful Strike", which acts sort of like a favorite enemy bonus. Here's the text:

"A Trailgaunt particularly hates living Varisians. The undead gains a +2 bonus on all attack rolls made against Varisians, as well as on any Perception or Survival checks made against Varisians"

So in setting up the ability, I have it checked to Show in Activated Abilities List, with the name as "vs. Varisians". It looks like this created the field "actName" with a value of "vs. Varisians". What I'd like to do is build the Eval Scripts such that when the box is checked, it adds in the +2 to Attack, Perception, and Survival.

I've figured out that the names of those fields to modify are called [hero.child[skPercpe] [hero.child[skSurvival] and [hero.child[Attack] (from playing around w/ the favorite enemy scripts), but I'm stumped on what to do next. Any help (and if you have the time, a brief explanation of the why) in how to do this?
The Numerator is offline   #1 Reply With Quote