View Single Post
shatterjack

Old September 28th, 2014, 05:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh View Post
I started the project but never got further than the first class. Its the Path of War package.

I think I have seen at least a dozen times people making this class but then they never share it. Or they don't finish I am not sure. But if anyone has this class almost done or at least entered it would be really nice to share it.
For what it's worth, I'd be glad to share my Stalker implementation when I'm done with it. It has been easier than I expected so far, given that I still don't really know what I'm doing in HL and am mostly just doing frankenhacks of existing material.

On a related note: how do you access the name of a Custom Ability programatically? I am trying to get Rogue Talents working for the Stalker, but the "can't take Ki Pool or Underhanded" restriction is proving difficult.

I started by copying the feature from the Aspis Agent PrC. I see the logic in the eval script for enabling Rogue Talents as a tertiary ability, but I'm trying to figure out how I can extend the expression to exclude the forbidden talents by name.

Eval script copied from Aspis Agent:
Code:
      ~ If we're not shown, just get out
      doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

hero.child[cHelpStk].field[cCstS3Expr].text = "(SpecSource.cHelpRog | SpecSource.cHelpNin) & !Helper.Secondary & !Helper.Tertiary  & need something here where ability name != Underhanded"
EDIT: Figured it out; you want to check the ID by using Ability.[abilityID]. You can also filter out advanced talents with the abCategory property. So the revised expression looks like this:
Code:

~ If we're not shown, just get out
      doneif (tagis[Helper.ShowSpec] = 0)

~ Allow all Rogue Talents (and Ninja Tricks by extension) except advanced talents, and also Ki Pool and Underhanded specifically
      hero.child[cHelpStk].field[cCstS3Expr].text = "(SpecSource.cHelpRog | SpecSource.cHelpNin) & !Helper.Secondary & !Helper.Tertiary & !Ability.cRogUnderh & !Ability.cRogKiPoo & !abCategory.RogTalAdv & !abCategory.NinTriMas"
EDIT 2: Figured out how to filter Advanced Talents too.

Last edited by shatterjack; September 28th, 2014 at 05:34 PM.
shatterjack is offline   #6 Reply With Quote