View Single Post
GreyMouser

Old September 5th, 2014, 12:07 PM
I used Realm Works for the first time in developing my Strategicon games that I ran this last weekend. I have it installed on my primary home PC, my laptop, and my convention Surface Pro 2. I specifically developed everything, including custom game systems, on Realm Works, and synched everything. I loved the ability to just pull out my Surface, jot some systems, character, or plot notes down into the Realm, and refine anywhere, at any time. Beautiful.

However, when it came to distributing my custom system information to my convention players, I had to go back into Realm Works, and copy/paste back into a Word document to print out and share with them, because I'm not going to be able to bring an external monitor to a convention to display information. Paper still has its place, people! Especially with respect to custom Systems rules. I print out character sheets from Hero Lab for everyone to read, why can't I print out information from Realm Works? This is a bigger shortcoming than people realize, in many circumstances.

We need a way to flag a certain snippet or collection of snippets for printing. Otherwise, why am I developing in Realm Works to begin with, when I have players and/or circumstances where the Reveal tools aren't going to be utilized? It's a wonderful tool, and I loved using it, but the lack of a print function drastically limits its usefulness.
GreyMouser is offline   #83 Reply With Quote