View Single Post
SeeleyOne

Old September 4th, 2014, 04:36 PM
There are a couple of options on how to make Hero Lab recognize different weapons. Obviously it would depend on how you want to group them.

1. Specific weapon (where the script has to know about each weapon specifically). I do not recommend this.

2. As I mentioned, whether or not the weapon is two-handed. This is how the Divinty Original Sin game does it.

3. Weapon Type. This is the best way, redefine this on the weapon and have it search for that. Since you can make new tags you can define them and then coordinate it with the appropriate Specialization. You might be able to make a mechanic that can redefine this (again, for specified weapons), but if that works like the defined fields in a new Power, it will not work. I tried to make the cost field for the Zombie spell change when the character has the Necromancer edge but it does not allow you to do that with an eval script (and it even told me that on what was going to be a "smart" version of the Zombie power). So you would probably have to use a new version of all of the weapons that use the desired Weapon Type. On the bright side, a Weapon Type can make it easier to look for a weapon that you know how to use.

Evil wins because good rolls poorly .... or the players are not paying enough attention to the game.
SeeleyOne is offline   #19 Reply With Quote