View Single Post
Kendall-DM
Spy

Old August 3rd, 2014, 05:01 PM
There is a mismatch in the HL code that tried to reference the wrong Spell Expression. I've reported it a few times, then eventually gave up on anything being done about it. On the races, it should be referencing the cSpellExpr on the Race (where it exists) rather than the Hero Totals. If it is indeed needing the reference the Hero Totals, that would be tSpellExpr. Pretty much what you said, but I know I've brought this up before (esp. considering races such as the Solar which use Domains), and I ended up doing a hack (which I want to get rid of when this is 'fixed').

I believe that correct procedure is for the race's cSpellExpr to be referenced, but I'm not privy to the inner workings of HL. Even explicitly changing the cSpellExpr and/or the tSpellExpr to what you need doesn't work. Whatever procedure that HL is invoking on the Race, it's doing it incorrectly.

To put the problem succinctly, if you need to add Domain spells or add additional spell lists (rather than the single class of spells) to a Race, you end up with this error. You can duplicate this by trying to add a Domain to the Solar through the spell expression field.

Let me know if you need anymore info. I'm more than willing to help out if it ends up fixing this. Thanks!
Kendall-DM is offline   #6 Reply With Quote