View Single Post
Romaq

Old April 5th, 2014, 10:51 PM
It appears that a sizable chunk of RW users are explicitly using the software for the Golarion/ Inner Sea setting, if not explicitly Rise of the Runelords.

I have ... so much dead-tree printed material, and I would love to pay Lone Wolf to license it into RW by yesterday. Unfortunately, until they do, they din't.

I entered in "Alignment" as a tag on the 9 point scale as suggested by the Ultimate Campaign book. That wasn't such a bad task, and it lets me tag anything "somewhere along alignment" while allowing for PCs and NPCs to identify as changing their alignment. That's happy.

Next, I started entering in the core deities of Golarion. I started with religious groups, I set up domain tags, and so on, and I quickly got bogged down.

Would it be possible to exchange "open template" suggestions on how to set up for a Rise of the Runelords campaign without using copyright material, and do this within the forum? Just advice on how to plan for things specific to RotRL and get the software to where I can make basic use of it and fill things out later. Desna is an "entity", but I have her as a "religion". I think She is rather important. What about Her is *crucial* to RotRL? How best to I organize that crucial information? Lamashtu is roughly on par. Others, less so, but I would dearly love to take the pile of books I have on the core and simply fill out the table and forget it if I can get it all done in one sitting.

Golarion. Planes, the Inner Sea region, Avistan, Varisia, Sandpoint... I started adding tags for continents vs. political regions, and so on. I can see that very quickly getting out of hand if I try to shove in my entire Inner Sea World Guide, though eventually I do dearly freakin' hope I can just pay Lone Wolf to make the pain go away.

Until we can legally share or purchase a license for this specific content, what are some "best practices"? What do I do without re-inventing solutions to problems Beta you guys have already worked out six months ago for this specific campaign setting?
Romaq is offline   #1 Reply With Quote