View Single Post
iamarogue

Old February 21st, 2014, 11:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colen View Post
[*]A number of people asked about custom campaigns. You can currently implement custom campaigns in one of two ways. The Easy Way is to go to the Personal tab and add permanent adjustments to adjust the campaign to your liking. The Slightly Less Easy Way is to use Hero Lab's integrated editor (find it on the Tools menu) for building your campaign exactly to your liking, which you can then distribute to your friends.
I think the point is this: Fate is such a hack-able system that any software that uses it needs to be likewise hack-able. I have used the permanent adjustments and found that they're not customizable enough. I have dabbled in the editor and found that it's just not intuitive enough. (I'm not a programmer and it feels like programming; and it seems to me that the ease of making your character with paper and pencil outweighs the benefit you would get from customizing through the editor)

I would appreciate an option when you first load up a new character, like in the Pathfinder RPG, you get a window that lets you specify campaign options (i.e. what sourcebooks to allow, how to generate ability scores, starting gold, how prevalent guns are, etc.). Then you could save this set of options not just as the "default" but you could also save the set of options as a Campaign.

In this options window, you could specify things like: skills pyramid or skills ladder? Whether to use extras or not, and which extras? Etc.
iamarogue is offline   #8 Reply With Quote