View Single Post
zarlor

Old September 11th, 2013, 10:59 AM
I've updated the sheets above (same link) to now spill over to up to 4 sheets instead of just 2 and it's really easy to add more than that if you need it (just copy the mine4 page and basically replace all instances of mine4 in the file with mine5 and add a line for mine5 in those spots in the dossiers file, or mine6 or mine7, etc., as you need; they're just built to keep handling any spillover from previous pages using the same formatting.). I've also started to try working on using the descriptions of things instead of just the summary text. Although if nothing else I've set things so that these things are supposed to be variable in size allowing for more than just a 1 line summary, although it's not completely working yet as some things only print for 1 line while others will print the entire description no matter how many lines it takes. I should figure it out eventually.

At any rate, I think the important things to look for in the sheet files are if you look for "field[descript].text" (without the quotes) you can replace it with "field[summary].text" (or vice versa) to get back to using just the summary text from a file instead of the full description. Where you find the field is the key to what it is, so the section it's in should help you decide of you prefer to use the summary or the full description for that thing.

I still have a lot more to figure out with these, but hopefully that will give folks something to start from and work with, at any rate.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)

Last edited by zarlor; September 11th, 2013 at 11:01 AM.
zarlor is offline   #10 Reply With Quote