View Single Post
zarlor

Old July 11th, 2013, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeleyOne View Post
It was the data files for Deadlands that actually got me interested in that setting. So while some people may think that data sets steal from a game, that is not true in my case. It was because of that data, and looking it over, that got me interested in buying (and playing) it.
That's one of the things I love most about Pinnacle. I think they agree with you on that point and have great fan support and are happy to have folks like LoneWolf even offer data files like that for free. My opinion is it only helps them even more in the long run and they do have a fantastically loyal fanbase, so I'd agree it's a much better way to go than the approach certain other game companies have taken.

I also hope we see more Savage Worlds stuff getting pulled into Realm Works, and I think there is a good chance we might. I'm going to do my part to see if I can help out on that front, but overall we'll just have to wait and see.

Lenny Zimmermann
Metairie, LA, USA

Data files authored (please let me know if you see any issues with any of these if you have/use them):
Official (In the downloader)
50 Fathoms, Deadlands: Hell On Earth, Deadlands: Noir, East Texas University, Necessary Evil (requires Super Powers Companion), Pirates of the Spanish Main, Space 1889 (original file by Erich), Tour of Darkness, Weird War II, Weird Wars: Rome
Coming Eventually
Evernight (LWD has completed their review but I have some fixes to make first... although Pinnacle mentioned this might get an overhaul to SWADE so I may just wait for that first. If you just HAVE to have this now, though, just PM me)
zarlor is offline   #119 Reply With Quote