View Single Post
TCArknight

Old March 28th, 2013, 09:07 AM
No problem.

Skills in the game system are a limited set which are all available all the time. They rank from 0 to 6 points. Once a user has taken 3 points in in the skill, then they have the option of adding a specialty to the skill. The specialty costs 1 point, but provides an effective 2 points for those related tasks.

I have 3 components, Base Skill, Skill and SkillAoE each with their own identity tags. In addition, Skill components have a SkillGen.xxxx identity and and associated specialties will use that as well. (based this on the chooser for the Cortex skills tab). However, the only thing skills related that will need choosing is the specialty/domain.

I add everything on a template for a fixed_table for display. When the value incrementer has set the user value of skill points in the skill to at less three, then I make a selection method available to the left of the incrementer. (A portal with an id of skSpec). The layout of one entry winds up like:

Skill name 1 <skSpec> <value incrementer> <info>
Skill name 2 <skSpec> <value incrementer> <info>
Skill name 3 <skSpec> <value incrementer> <info>

If a specialty is chosen, it would display:

Skill name 1 <skSpec> <value incrementer> <info>
Specialty name
Skill name 2 <skSpec> <value incrementer> <info>
Skill name 3. <skSpec> <value incrementer> <info>

At the moment, all SkillAoE components are bootstrapped to the hero along with a Hide.Me tag to keep them from displaying on the Skill portal. I need the chooser (in this case) to display the specialties associated with the individual skill to choose which one of them to remove the Hide tag from with a perform delete[Hide.Me]
TCArknight is offline   #5 Reply With Quote