View Single Post
Mathias
Lone Wolf Staff

Old February 4th, 2013, 11:56 AM
Since we've had several issues this morning where people have asked for help, and we've gone back-and-forth through several posts in each case trying to figure out what they're accomplishing, I'd like to remind everyone that if you want help with a project, copying the text of that ability, instead of just paraphrasing it, will mean that the rest of us don't need to spend time asking you what exactly you're trying to do - we can just start helping you.

I'd much rather see copied text, rather than links, myself. I find that it's a hassle to switch back and forth between the linked text and the thread.

Also, don't just post the text, and think that's everything that's needed. You've probably been able to accomplish some of that, but you're having trouble with something specific - tell us what you've been able to accomplish, and where you're stuck.

If you've started with some examples, and are stuck on how to change the example into what you're doing, say that - I generally start answering help threads by pointing people at things that already exist in Hero Lab that they can copy from as a starting point for their own material, so if I know what you've already looked at, I won't have to point you towards something you already know about.
Mathias is offline   #1 Reply With Quote