Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Hero Lab Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=43)
-   -   IPad multiple heroes (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=60768)

Vassago Embrace June 9th, 2018 06:25 AM

IPad multiple heroes

I can’t find the option to create a second hero on a portfolio on the IPad!

If I import an already made portfolio from my PC, it gives me the option to switch between heroes. But I’m not able to create a second hero on the same portfolio using only the IPad!!!

What am I missing?

ShadowChemosh June 9th, 2018 11:21 AM

As far as I know you can't. The iPad app is meant to control a single PC character not groups of them. So it does not allow for the ability to add another character to the same .por file. The only exception would be a familiar, animal companion, or maybe a follower added on the other tab.

Mathias June 9th, 2018 01:16 PM

Yes, this is available on the iPad. Within the existing character, click on the icon that looks like the outline of a head and shoulders that's at the top right of the screen, and choose "Create New Hero".

ShadowChemosh June 9th, 2018 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 267165)
Yes, this is available on the iPad. Within the existing character, click on the icon that looks like the outline of a head and shoulders that's at the top right of the screen, and choose "Create New Hero".

Look at that. Learn something new everyday. :)

Genthar July 13th, 2018 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 267165)

Is there a way of loading a pre-existing character rather than creating a new one? If not, that would be a nice option.

ShadowChemosh July 13th, 2018 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genthar (Post 267970)
Is there a way of loading a pre-existing character rather than creating a new one? If not, that would be a nice option.

Yes. You can email yourself the .por file or use any cloud service to get the character to the iPad by using the "Import Portfolio" option at the bottom of the app.

You can also use iTunes to load a file to any app like normal.

Genthar July 16th, 2018 10:13 AM

I meant to load multiple pre-generated characters. Occasionally one of my friends can't make our usually scheduled game, and I need to play her character as well as my own for the night.

Normally I just use the iPad for one, and a laptop for the other. It would be nice to be able to load both on the iPad at the same time.

Mathias July 16th, 2018 10:54 AM

You can't do it in the iPad app at this time, but you can import other portfolios on the desktop, and once that's set up, you can send the combined portfolio over to the iPad for use.

ShadowChemosh July 16th, 2018 01:03 PM

Just keep in mind that one or two additional characters (minion, familiars) most iPads can handle. But most will have issues around 5 characters and I doubt anything other than Pro can deal with 10 or more.

Mentioning this as I have seen people try and load 20 NPC encounters on the iPad app and it was not meant to do that.

Genthar July 17th, 2018 11:21 AM

Thanks for the info. A little inconvenient to add it to the portfolio just for the occasional "missing person" game, particularly since it's usually a sort of last minute "I'm not feeling well...can't make it tonight...here's my character" timing, but, oh well.

I figured that was the route since I've done that when building encounters and such when I'm running on the laptop/desktop version, but was hoping for something similar on the iPad, even if it artificially limited to one additional (e.g. max 2 characters) or something.

Thanks for the responses.