Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - D&D 5th Edition SRD (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=89)
-   -   Scrolls (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=55073)

HippyCraig February 18th, 2016 07:29 PM

Scrolls

I couldn't find a place to add scrolls, can someone point me in the right direction?

Dervish February 18th, 2016 08:15 PM

you do not have to enter scrolls into the editor they are handled in the magic section of the character portfolio

Add a new magic item>> enter scroll into the search bar>> choose trhe level of the scroll >> then select the spells of the appropriate level

HippyCraig February 19th, 2016 12:16 PM

Sorry I meant within the editor, I want to add my own scrolls to HL

azuravian February 19th, 2016 01:04 PM

Do you mean that you want to add custom spells for scrolls? A scroll can be made for any existing spell, as far as I know.

HippyCraig February 19th, 2016 01:43 PM

I was in the editor and looking at creating an item, I can create rings, weapons, etc. but I didn't see a place for scrolls.

Mathias February 19th, 2016 02:17 PM

In 5e, all of the scrolls are just various spells - always spells that are defined elsewhere in the system, and available to be cast as normal spells. How does your scroll differ from what's in the book/SRD, so that you need to enter them in the editor instead of creating a custom scroll in the UI?

HippyCraig February 20th, 2016 06:29 AM

I am new to HL and didn't know that scrolls look to be some kind of container for other spells I thought they are separate items. Sorry about that, now that I tried added one to a hero I see how they work.

In the same vane as scrolls, is the scroll "thing" a container object? If so if I create an object that is to contain other objects can I create my own, for example a special type of bag of holding? But I only want certian things added to it is there a way to do that?

ShadowChemosh February 20th, 2016 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HippyCraig (Post 224497)
In the same vane as scrolls, is the scroll "thing" a container object? If so if I create an object that is to contain other objects can I create my own, for example a special type of bag of holding? But I only want certian things added to it is there a way to do that?

What this is called in HL is a "gizmo" and yes we can create gizmo's outside of the editor. Its all done in RAW XML and its a more advanced feature of the authoring kit. But it can be done.

HERE is the overview of Gizmo's on the authoring kit wiki.

HippyCraig February 20th, 2016 07:05 AM

Thanks I will take a look!

HippyCraig February 20th, 2016 07:17 AM

Looking at this it looks like if I wanted to create these I would need the authoring kit to create what I would need. Does that mean that anyone that wants to use what I created has to have the authoring kit as well?