Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Realm works keeps crashing when I try to change article name (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54307)

wildfire142 November 19th, 2015 02:08 PM

Realm works keeps crashing when I try to change article name

RW keeps crashing on me when I try to change or delete some articles, have filed a bug report but still waiting to hear back after the initial reply.

Specifically if I do anything to alt the name of the article it crashes when I try to save the article. Nothing else I do to the article gives any problems. I can move it to different categories and delete any and all tags, sections and snippets with no problem, but change even one letter of the title and to crashes on save.

The error message says something about utility.ccp and line 677.

I was wondering if anyone else had the same problem and knew if any fixes that could be tried?

It's getting to be a big problem entering data at a the moment, it's almost getting to the point RW is becoming unusable for me.

MNBlockHead November 19th, 2015 03:32 PM

Realmworks has been wonky ever since the recent major upgrade and conversion to HTML. Most of the major bugs have been worked out and it is stable enough for me to create new content and most editing is fine for me.

But recetly, I started going through my spell list to edit the name options so that I avoid every instance of the word sleep trying to link to the Sleep spell. For the first 20 or so spells, I was able to make and save changes then it started crashing. Every. Single. Time.

So, I don't dare attempt to edit the name of any article right now.

wurzel November 19th, 2015 03:46 PM

I observed the same problem changing the names of topics. I didn't try to change articles so far, but also some (not all :confused:) plot name changes crash.
Reported it, no feedback so far.

rob November 19th, 2015 08:08 PM

If this happens, rebuild the index for your realm. Select the Manage ribbon bar and then "Rebuild Index" at the far right. This should fix the problem and get you running properly again for quite awhile before you run into the problem again.

We're pretty sure we've fixed this bug, and it will be included in a bug fix release that's planned for tomorrow.

A big "Thank You" to the handful of users who've provided us with your databases. Those have been incredibly helpful in chasing down and fixing bugs like this one.

wildfire142 November 19th, 2015 10:26 PM

Rob, these kind of responses are one of the reasons I like using realm works so much, fingers crossed this up coming update helps. Away to rebuild the index now. :)

MNBlockHead November 19th, 2015 10:40 PM

Rebuilding the index seems to have done the trick, thanks Rob!

wildfire142 November 20th, 2015 01:31 AM

The rebuild index worked, was able to change a delete to my hearts content. Thanks.

wurzel November 20th, 2015 01:35 AM

Yep, rebuilding the index was successful. So far everything seems to work again as intended.