Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   ETA: Chrome Flesh (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=54079)

Vytek October 15th, 2015 01:16 PM

ETA: Chrome Flesh

Any word on an ETA for Chrome Flesh ?

AndrewD2 October 20th, 2015 09:24 AM

When it's done™

Orudeon October 20th, 2015 01:34 PM

While I'm greatly looking forward to the opportunity to fling money at LW, CF is three weeks 'late' at this point and I'd really love an update.

I wonder if some issue came up that required redoing the entire thing.

Colen October 21st, 2015 12:31 PM

No, we haven't had to redo the whole thing :) To give a progress report - at this point we've got the drugs, cyberware, and bioware parts of CF 95% finished (they need another couple of days to finish some complicated items, but that's all). Work is now in progress on the nanoware and geneware, and after that I think we'll be ready to release. We're doing everything I can to get those parts finished as soon as possible.

In some other good news, we should have the point buy system from Run Faster ready by the time Chrome Flesh is out! Life modules are also part-way done - I'm not sure if they'll make the CF release, but if not they'll follow soon after.

Hope this helps!

Orudeon October 21st, 2015 01:17 PM

Thank you so much on the progress report! It's great to hear that Run Faster is nearly there, too. I can't imagine how complicated it'd be to make not only a totally new UI for the alternate chargen methods, but also code all the myriad combinations as well.

BrotherPrętus October 21st, 2015 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colen (Post 217946)
In some other good news, we should have the point buy system from Run Faster ready by the time Chrome Flesh is out! Life modules are also part-way done - I'm not sure if they'll make the CF release, but if not they'll follow soon after.

Hope this helps!

Which point buy method? I presume the Karma method and not Sum-to-Ten. Either way, I am happy to hear things are progressing relatively smoothly on the development end.

Thank you.

Colen October 22nd, 2015 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrotherPrętus (Post 217963)
Which point buy method? I presume the Karma method and not Sum-to-Ten. Either way, I am happy to hear things are progressing relatively smoothly on the development end.

Thank you.

Yes, Karma is the first one we're implementing, followed by life modules. I think Sum-to-Ten is planned for after that.

Mathias October 22nd, 2015 07:31 AM

In 4th edition, it was called "Karma System" (Runner's Companion pg 41). In 5th edition, it's called "Point Buy System" (Run Faster pg. 64).

Senko October 25th, 2015 02:52 AM

Then I shall eagerly await their implementation.

Triskavanski October 27th, 2015 03:22 AM

When you get the sum to 10 finished, I think you should be able to select the Sum. This would give us the street scum and highlife methods of creation in the corebook then.