Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Feature Requests (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Player View showing/hiding pictures (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=53132)

Farling June 9th, 2015 03:34 PM

Player View showing/hiding pictures

I got to use the Player View feature of RW for the first time with my gaming group this evening.

They were initially impressed when another picture instantly appeared on their viewing screen.

When I removed the picture from the screen they were a little disappointed.

They have suggested that perhaps RW could make the picture disappear by gradually shrinking down to a single dot, or maybe exploding out in a shower of sparkles. :-)

Would this be a useful addition to enhance the player's experience?

MNBlockHead June 9th, 2015 05:41 PM

I would want this to be a configurable option. Like PowerPoint slide transitions, I think the novelty would wear off quickly.

Dark Lord Galen June 10th, 2015 04:43 AM

I agree with MNB, but then again I utilize RW as a campaign management tool not a presenter, so this would be less useful to me and more so to others that integrate RW at their active table sessions.

I'd prefer custom calendars....:D

MNBlockHead June 10th, 2015 09:51 PM

Well, yes, custom calendars before all else, if I had my way. I will, say, however, that after my last session, I did enjoy sharing my maps and using Fog of World. It is particularly helpful to show players where they are in the world. I have poster sized print out of my world that I printed using a plotter, but throwing the world map up on a 55" plasma TV, that I could zoom and pan around was quite nice. Also, it does make revealing village layouts and dungeons easier as well.

Vargr June 11th, 2015 12:36 PM

I would really prefer that we stay away from the terrible animations of PowerPoint.

I do not think it will improve the sessions or the presentation one bit.

I prefer my "shock and awe" to be in my storytelling and not in fizzling dots. :)

And I would hate to see development time go from calendars towards this. :cool:

JustinThomason June 12th, 2015 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vargr (Post 210623)
I would really prefer that we stay away from the terrible animations of PowerPoint.

I do not think it will improve the sessions or the presentation one bit.

I prefer my "shock and awe" to be in my storytelling and not in fizzling dots. :)

And I would hate to see development time go from calendars towards this. :cool:

Agreed. I use Realm Works to present at the table every game session, and I don't see any need to add transitions. I'd much rather see additional functionality added.

Parody June 12th, 2015 07:35 AM

You could always just use PowerPoint, either by embedding the presentation in a Foreign Object snippet or by keeping it alongside your database. Use the presentation for the "big reveal" and transition out and share a normal image in the article for player reference later.