Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   Realm Works Discussion (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Messages? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=51390)

Pollution November 21st, 2014 08:15 AM

Messages?

What's this for exactly?

When I first saw it, I thought, GREAT! I can deliver messages to my players via this, saying, "hey, I updated stuff, sync the realm".

Or, messages from my players to me?

Or, is it just a delivery system for LW to let us know about stuff?

Parody November 21st, 2014 09:26 AM

I assumed it was for invites. They have to go somewhere. (Obviously I haven't actually used those features yet, though. :(

Chemlak November 21st, 2014 10:21 AM

At the moment it seems to just be for invites, and GM<>Player, not Player<>Player. You can read each other's comments, so it's a pretty good way of letting specific players know things.

liz November 24th, 2014 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chemlak (Post 197976)
At the moment it seems to just be for invites, and GM<>Player, not Player<>Player. You can read each other's comments, so it's a pretty good way of letting specific players know things.

That's a good explanation. When I get my 5e game going, I'm planning to use the messages to discuss characters with the players prior to the game, as well as setting my tone/table expectations (IE - planning to focus more on story/roleplaying, rather than crunchy mechanics and combat).

Exmortis November 24th, 2014 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liz (Post 198165)
That's a good explanation. When I get my 5e game going, I'm planning to use the messages to discuss characters with the players prior to the game, as well as setting my tone/table expectations (IE - planning to focus more on story/roleplaying, rather than crunchy mechanics and combat).

5e????..... hmmm, I will try not hold that gainst you.:p

liz November 24th, 2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exmortis (Post 198173)

I play all the systems. Okay, that's not true. However, my group is finishing up a many-year Pathfinder game, so I'm hoping to switch it up and try out a new system. Joe will likely run the FF Star Wars game with us when he's doing prepping it.

ShadowChemosh November 24th, 2014 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exmortis (Post 198173)

LOL I was thinking the same thing. :)

Dark Lord Galen November 24th, 2014 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 198199)
LOL I was thinking the same thing. :)

Sorry Liz, gotta throw in with Shadow and the rest...:D

Even after being involved in the beta testing WOC had for 5e (aka Next) I just can't warm to it... seems tooo much of another money grab by hazbro now....
IF they put as much effort into supporting improving and expanding the systems they had but instead they have kept (and continue to keep) regurgitating "rules" (they ARE NOT rules they are guidelines). They are now (and should be) concerned that Paizo Publishing is cutting heavily into their market share. Pathfinder (aka 3.75) took 3.5 and expanded it, then continues to support with campaign elements, alternate classes, etc.

Note: I am an old 1/2e DM that converted to 3.5 (skipping the half baked 3.0) So even though I am not a pathfinder "player" I can certainly see and appreciate where their "path" is closer to what Gygax had envisioned all those years ago by adding and refining the system not continually re-booting it. :rolleyes:

Humbly relinquish the soap box......;)

AEIOU November 24th, 2014 06:30 PM

Sorry, reading through this thread I tried to convince my 13-year-old it was about mess-ah-ges, not mess-uh-ges. It certainly makes for an interesting discussion as he changes into 12 shades of rogue (<---see what I did there, hah!)

Sorry for taking this even more sideways.... ;)

Aaron November 24th, 2014 10:26 PM

Sometimes Y?