Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Firearms (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=35704)

chiefweasel January 27th, 2013 05:26 PM

Firearms

Does anyone know if you can remove the Gunsmith feat requirement to use a firearm? I would like to create a bunch of guns usable without that feat. Thanks.

dartnet January 27th, 2013 05:58 PM

The feat is not needed if you use common guns or guns every where settings.

You and also set the fire arm to use a different proficiency.

chiefweasel January 27th, 2013 07:04 PM

It seems that the feat is integrated into something else and is automatically assigned. Do you know how to create a gun without having the Gunsmith feat show up? Thx.

ShadowChemosh January 27th, 2013 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefweasel (Post 125275)
It seems that the feat is integrated into something else and is automatically assigned. Do you know how to create a gun without having the Gunsmith feat show up? Thx.

I have allot of guns I created for a specific campaign and they do not require the Gunsmith feat. I am pretty sure it has to do with the "Special Groupings". Try turning that all off and see what it does as that is the only thing different between my guns and the HL ones.

If you want here is the RAW XML of one the weapons:
Code:

<thing id="wRcGunMrif" name="Firearm, Minotaur Rifle" description="Description: Firing large-caliber rounds at high velocity from a rifled barrel, a minotaur rifle makes for an excellent long-range weapon and is favored by Ulfen Minotaur hunters.\n\n{b}Reloading:{/b} A standard firearm requires one standard action to reload (much like a crossbow) with shot and powder. For firearms with multiple chambers or barrels, each takes an additional standard action to reload.\n{b}Exploding Dice:{/b} Whenever you deal damage with a firearm and roll maximum on any damage die, reroll that die and add that roll to the total as well. If you roll maximum on rerolls, continue to reroll, adding to the damage each time.\n{b}Misfire:{/b} Whenever you roll a natural 1 on an attack roll made with a firearm, your firearm might misfire. Immediately roll 1d20. On a 1, the firearm is damaged and the powder explodes out the breech, dealing the weapon’s damage to you; on a 2-7, the firearm is damaged; on a 8-18, the firearm jams; and on a 19-20, you simply miss. A damaged firearm requires a DC 20 Craft (gunsmithing) check and 1 hour to repair. A jammed firearm requires 1 round to clear before it can be reloaded. A jammed revolver requires 1 round to clear, but as long as at least one chamber holds a bullet it can be fired immediately." compset="Weapon">
    <fieldval field="gWeight" value="10"/>
    <fieldval field="gSizeCost" value="550"/>
    <usesource source="CampRazorC"/>
    <tag group="wCritMult" tag="3"/>
    <tag group="wMain" tag="2d6_104"/>
    <tag group="wProfReq" tag="Exotic"/>
    <tag group="wFtrGroup" tag="RcGun"/>
    <tag group="wCategory" tag="RangeProj"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="NoDblStr"/>
    <tag group="wClass" tag="TwoHanded"/>
    <tag group="wRangeInc" tag="150" name="150"/>
    <tag group="wMaxStrBon" tag="0"/>
    <tag group="wCritMin" tag="19"/>
    <tag group="wType" tag="B"/>
    <tag group="wType" tag="P"/>
    <tag group="Helper" tag="Always2H"/>
    <tag group="wEasyRace" tag="Rd20Mino"/>
    <tag group="EquipType" tag="Wood"/>
    <tag group="wSpecial" tag="S2ExpDice"/>
    <tag group="wSpecial" tag="S2Misfire"/>
    </thing>

chiefweasel January 29th, 2013 06:55 AM

Removing the Special Grouping didnt seem to solve it, but doing that and checking A;ways Proficient seems to have done the trick. Thanks.

I hope to have all the weapons in the game system by tonight. Tomorrow the vehicles. I have no idea how to do robots, but I'll get to that later.

dartnet January 29th, 2013 02:47 PM

Robots = Monsters
Just do them like NPC races.

chiefweasel January 29th, 2013 03:02 PM

They can be created and act as minions as well. Might need to make them gear as well.

chiefweasel February 7th, 2013 05:58 PM

Another issue with firearms, are they all considered weapons? No matter what category I try to put them in they all al show up as ammo or siege weapons. I have no idea why. Anyone have any suggestions? thx in advance.