Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Shadowrun (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Essence below 0?? (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=18618)

DarthME February 15th, 2012 07:43 AM

Essence below 0??

Hey there,

I'm a bit confused, I was under the imression that if you essence dropped to 0that you die. Thoughgh I also seem to recall something about if your essence dropped below 0 you became a "cyber zombie" under GM control.

I can't find either reference in the rule book and HL allows for characters with essence below 0 with throwing a red flag.

Could anyone point me in the direction of getting my head unstuck from my arse, becasue now I am really confused....

Thanks

Mathias February 15th, 2012 10:05 AM

Augmentation pg 155 - Cyberzombies

DarthME February 15th, 2012 10:35 AM

Awesome thanks Mathias.

Now I am wondering should Hero Lab show an error for a starting character whose essence drops below 0? I was able to finally find the "official rule" on page 68 under essence rating.

Mathias February 15th, 2012 10:40 AM

When I add wired reflexes 3 and titanium bone lacing to a blank character, there's an error report added:

Essence: Negative essence means you're dead.

What other messages were you thinking of?

DarthME February 15th, 2012 11:04 AM

I just tried the same thing and the only validation error I get is that Bone Lacing Titanium and Wired Reflexes 4 may not be chosen due to availability greater than 12. No error referring to essence less than 0.

The character I created for a new game has 6.08 essence worth of gear also with no validation error.

Bone Lacing Aluminium (Alpha) - .8
Cyber-ears 1 (alpha) - .16
Cyber-eyes 3 (alpha) - .32
Dermal Plating 2 (Alpha) - .8
Muscle Replacement 2 (Alpha) - 1.6
Wired Reflexes 2 (Alpha) - 2.4

For a total of 6.08

Mathias February 15th, 2012 11:24 AM

The error isn't associated with those items, and it won't currently turn a tab red. Click the red diamond at the top left for a list of all the current errors.

DarthME February 15th, 2012 11:39 AM

I assume you meant top right (or bottom left) not top left I do not have a red diamond top left.
That is exactly trhe report I am referring to.
If I create a new hero and add the wired reflexes 3 and bone lacing titanium and open up the "Validation Details for "Unnamed Hero"" this is what is listed there
Red: Hero You must add a lifestyle
Yellow: Total Build Points Resource unspent
Yellow: Contacts Resouce unspent
Yellow: Knowledge & Language skills BP unspent
Red: Bone Lacing Titanium you may not chose gear with an availability higher than 12
Red: WIred REflexes 3 you may not chose gear with an availability higher than 12

Again nothing reffering to essence being below 0

Mathias February 15th, 2012 11:48 AM

Let's come back to this after the next update, because it's working on my copy - maybe there was something I fixed that I've forgotten about.

DarthME February 15th, 2012 12:06 PM

Sounds good to me