Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Feature Request: Half Price for magic items (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=15322)

NoobUser December 20th, 2011 01:59 PM

Feature Request: Half Price for magic items

I was wondering if they could add a feature where you can purchase items (including magical items) for half or 75% of the list price. Some groups make purchasing looted items for half price (or selling price), or they can simply craft the wanted item. Also sometimes people give party members discount (such as 25% for 75% listed price).

ShadowChemosh December 20th, 2011 03:32 PM

Buy it free and just put in a Journal entry for the Negative Amount you actually spent. You can even record the prices in the Journal Entry as a note so you know exactly why you did. :)

NoobUser December 20th, 2011 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowChemosh (Post 67650)
Buy it free and just put in a Journal entry for the Negative Amount you actually spent. You can even record the prices in the Journal Entry as a note so you know exactly why you did. :)

Nah I rather just click buy and then cut the price of the item in half before you click accept.

ShadowChemosh December 20th, 2011 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoobUser (Post 67658)
Nah I rather just click buy and then cut the price of the item in half before you click accept.

Well that functionality does not exist right now but what I mentioned does. :)

Mathias December 20th, 2011 08:40 PM

Shadow - I think he wants to have HL calculate the 50% without having to do the math himself. This sort of thing has been requested many times before, and it's already on the to-do list.

ShadowChemosh December 21st, 2011 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mathias (Post 67680)
Shadow - I think he wants to have HL calculate the 50% without having to do the math himself. This sort of thing has been requested many times before, and it's already on the to-do list.

No confusion on what he wants. I was trying to help by letting him know how to do it right now in HL. My players do exactly as mentioned and it works.

Would it be nice to press a button like when selling sure but until then many many people I have meet don't know about putting in a negative value in the journal to remove gold. So as the person seemed to be new I was trying to point what can be done right now.

Sorry if came accross as rude but I was tired and answering on my iPad so tend to write smaller comments. :)

P.S. I used a smiley face in the post so you are not allowed to get mad at me as it's a cloud rule.

Sendric December 21st, 2011 06:28 AM

It's also possible to set the price manually. Again, not quite what the op is looking for, but its a feature currently available and removes the extra step of going to the journal and adding a negative value for the item.