Lone Wolf Development Forums

Lone Wolf Development Forums (http://forums.wolflair.com/index.php)
-   HL - Pathfinder Roleplaying Game (http://forums.wolflair.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Combining Magic Items (http://forums.wolflair.com/showthread.php?t=12751)

Viking698 April 1st, 2011 06:32 PM

Combining Magic Items

Ok trying to figure this one out. I need to combine 2 magic rings into one. One is a ring of sustenance and the other is a ring of protection.

If I pull up the editor and make a new copy of the ring of sustenance I can not find a way to add the protection ability to it.

What I'm I missing?

Thanks

Viking

Lawful_g April 1st, 2011 06:37 PM

Try making a copy of the ring of protection as well, and look at the eval script on that.

blzbob April 1st, 2011 06:45 PM

It would probably be easier to just make the copy of the ring of protection, rename it and reprice it. The sustenance portion doesn't have any mechanics that HL needs as far as I know.

Lawful_g April 1st, 2011 08:35 PM

Easier yeah, but if he actually looks at the scripts it'll help him learn. Even if it is just a copy and paste job.

gcpeart November 6th, 2012 04:35 AM

I'm kind of in the same pickle, except in this case one of the items I want to combine is greyed out (even though I've purchased the package it is in.)

Still this thread leads to a more general problem I have, and that is it is pretty common in our home campaign, where magic item creation is allowed, to do a lot of combining items in a single slot, or upgrading items as you go. It actually isn't essential to me that hero lab get the price right, but I'd love to be able to say take any stock item and add to it the powers of another.

Speaking in software terms, I wonder if item inheritance would be possible? Basically create a new items which defines a slot/price and what ever else you want to define, but also inherits from one or more items? If you have conflicts call them out, but it would make magic item composition easy peazy.

Aaron November 6th, 2012 10:56 AM

It's generally easy to copy the functional bits from either or both of the items you want to combine, and then make a new item from that in the editor. Is there a specific example you'd like some help with as an example?

Nanan00 November 6th, 2012 06:57 PM

I wish there was a way to make custom items but I have just resorted to making copies of the item with added text or info depending.

Adrian42 February 5th, 2015 11:37 AM

I am still confused. Where and what do I need to Copy/Paste & where do I Copy/Paste it into? Are there other areas/buttons/fields that need to be duplicated to combine the items?

Adrian42 February 5th, 2015 11:45 AM

Combine Items

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron (Post 101175)
It's generally easy to copy the functional bits from either or both of the items you want to combine, and then make a new item from that in the editor. Is there a specific example you'd like some help with as an example?

Boots of Elvenkind & Winterland & Mire